Tabernacle Church Family and Friends. Why pay fancy fitness membership fees? Tabernacle Baptist Church has a free and fun way to stay fit with our faith-based fitness program and fitness room. The purpose of this ministry is to teach, motivate and encourage the physical fitness of the Body, Mind and Spirit for TBC friends, family and community, through safe & effective fitness activities. The fitness center is open Monday – Thursday from 9:00 to 2:00 pm in our fitness center offering a variety of cardiovascular and strength training equipment. Our congregational fitness classes are under the direction of by Bro. Tarae Morton of RAE FIT LLC 6:00 am – 7:00 am Monday – Thursday and 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Come work out with us to get your temple ready for Christ!!
Preparation For Class:
- Wear comfortable clothing & sneakers
- Weights – 3, 5, or 10 lbs.
- Mat, Towel, and Water
- Plenty of Enthusiasm!
What to expect:
- A 5-minute warm-up and 5-minute cool down & stretching during each class.
- Exercise at your fitness and comfort level.
- Drink lots of Water
- Men are welcome, too
- Questions and suggestions are welcome.
Various types of Classes
Tarae Morton – Fitness Consultant & Trainer – Specializing in Nutrition, Motivation, Meal Planning, Weight Training, Coordination Activities, Strength Training, Cardiovascular Exercises
Linda Moreira – Fitness Instructor
1. TBC Members 18 years old and over are permitted to use equipment.
(Members 13 – 17 using equipment must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
2. A TBC Fitness Disclaimer* must be signed before using equipment or working out.
3. For safety, members unfamiliar with cardiovascular equipment are required to be trained on how to use equipment.
4. Dress properly in athletic attire and sneakers.
5. For sanitary concerns, bring a towel to wipe off equipment after use.
6. Report all injuries and malfunctions of equipment to staff or church office.
7. Do not allow machine weights to slam down.
8. Equipment should be used only in the manner in which it was designed.
9. Do not use equipment in an improper or unsafe manner.
1. The Fitness Center will be opened from Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
2. TBC Members must sign in and sign out of the TBC Fitness Center during visits.
3. Dress properly in decency and in order. Dress in proper athletic attire & sneakers.
4. Locker facilities can be used during all physical activities.
5. NO eating, glass containers or gum permitted in the TBC Fitness Center. Plastic water bottles are permitted.
6. Be polite and considerate, workout quietly in a manner that doesn’t distract others.
7. Help keep the TBC Fitness Center clean. Please do not remove any fitness equipment from the cabinets: weights, mats, balls, steps, etc. from the fitness center.
* The TBC fitness disclaimer form covers both use of equipment and participating in classes.