TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH
I Cor. 6: 19-20
Monthly Class Schedule Tuesday & Thursday (7:00 pm - 8:00 pm in the Fitness Center)
... therefore glorify God in your body & in your spirit, which are God's. - I Cor. 6:20
Greetings, Tabernacle Church Family and Friends. Why pay fancy fitness membership fees? The Gospel Aerobics Ministry at Tabernacle Baptist Church is a free, faith-based fitness program to prepare our temples for Christ. The purpose of this ministry is to teach, motivate and encourage the physical fitness of the Body, Mind and Spirit for TBC friends, family and community, through safe & effective fitness activities. The Gospel Aerobics classes are held Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:00 to 8:00 pm in our new fitness center offering a variety of cardiovascular and strength training classes. The classes are taught by Sister Audrey Whittington, and Sister Carolyn Saunders certified fitness instructors.
Come work out with us to get your temple ready for Christ!!
These classes are for YOU…Come join us in an opportunity to prepare our bodies for Christ.
Sis. Audrey Whittington, Instructor
Sis. Audrey Whittington, Certified Fitness Instructor
Audrey Whittington, Certified Fitness Instructor teaches at the NSA Military and Civilian Fitness Center in Philadelphia, YMCA in Burlington & Mt Laurel and the Willingboro Department of Recreation. She is certified with AAAI/ISMA (American Aerobics Association Int./International Sports Medicine Association, YMCA of the USA Group Fitness Instructor Program and NAFTA (National Aerobics and Fitness Trainers Association. She is certified in Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid. Any questions, please feel free to contact her at 609-871-1795.
Wright-Saunders is an AAAI/ISMA Certified Fitness Instructor. She currently
teaches Gospel Aerobics, Group Fitness and Step Classes. Carolyn is also
certified by the American Academy of CPR & First Aid, in Adult CPR
& AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Carolyn believes that “Fitness
should be a way of life for all age groups, from the youngest to the oldest,
and it’s never too late to start!”
A medical clearance is required from your doctor and returned to Sis. Audrey or Sis. Carolyn, before starting class for participants over 35 and anyone with health issues such as cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, joint and weight problems. A signed Medical clearance form is required to take classes and use equipment.
1. Gospel Aerobics classes will be held every Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. The classes will be taught by Sister Audrey Whittington and Sister Carolyn Saunders, Certified Fitness Instructors..
2. Members 18 - 99 years old are permitted to take aerobics classes. Non-members are welcome. Non members are permitted to participate in classes at the discretion of the instructor. Offering will be collected.
3. A TBC Fitness Disclaimer* must be signed before taking Gospel Aerobics classes. Medical forms can be downloaded from the TBC website. Additional forms will be on the church’s bulletin board.
4. The Gospel Aerobics ministry will offer a variety of cardiovascular and strength training classes, including Zumba and Yoga by guest instructors.
5. Dress in proper fitness attire and sneakers. Always bring a towel & water.
6. Report any injuries or physical concerns to the instructor before class. IMPORTANT: Exercise at your comfort and fitness level.
7. Using the equipment is allowed while Gospel Aerobics class is in session. Please do not disturb or distract aerobic classes while in session.
8. Classes may be cancelled due to church functions, inclement weather, holidays or instructor unavailability.
1. TBC Members 18 years old and over are permitted to use equipment.
(Members 13 – 17 using equipment must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
2. A TBC Fitness Disclaimer* must be signed before using equipment.
3. For safety, members unfamiliar with cardiovascular equipment are required to be trained on how to use equipment.
4. Dress properly in athletic attire and sneakers.
5. For sanitary concerns, bring a towel to wipe off equipment after use.
6. Report all injuries and malfunctions of equipment to staff or church office.
7. Do not allow machine weights to slam down.
8. Equipment should be used only in the manner in which it was designed.
9. Do not use equipment in an improper or unsafe manner.
1. The Fitness Center will be opened from Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
2. TBC Members must sign in and sign out of the TBC Fitness Center during visits.
3. Dress properly in decency and in order. Dress in proper athletic attire & sneakers.
4. Locker facilities can be used during all physical activities.
5. NO eating, glass containers or gum permitted in the TBC Fitness Center. Plastic water bottles are permitted.
6. Be polite and considerate, workout quietly in a manner that doesn’t distract others.
7. Help keep the TBC Fitness Center clean. Please do not remove any fitness equipment from the cabinets: weights, mats, balls, steps, etc. from the fitness center.
* The TBC fitness disclaimer form covers both use of equipment and participating in aerobic classes.